One more question that I forgot from my last post. It's not one that I've been asked, but I know that people wonder. How can you love a child that's "not your own"...not yours biologically...can you love them as much as your own child? The only thing I know to say about this is when we opened an email with her picture and file attached we knew immediately that this was our daughter. I don't look at her as "a child I'm keeping" or "babysitting"...she's always been my daughter even before I met her. I've never looked at her any other way so how could I love her any less than my biological children since she's my child too? I don't look at her any other way.
It's just like God looks at me. He accepts me as His child warts and all. He actually wanted me...the way I am and the way that I was. It's amazing and sometimes hard to fathom or explain, but yet it's true! I love my daughter...warts and all just as much as I love my biological children because they're all my children! :-) I love to hear them call me Mama/Mom/Mommy - anything as long as they call me! And my heavenly Father loves when I call Him daddy and talk to Him. I'm amazed at His love for me the way that I can treat Him sometimes...just like I love my 3 earthly children no matter how they treat me.

No comments:
Post a Comment