Pastor's wife and mom who knows football, watches SportsCenter and tries to make a difference along the way.
Sunday, February 05, 2012
Amazed...
I can't think of another word but amazed. I'm amazed by this precious little girl. I'm amazed that God would choose us to be her forever parents as unworthy as we are to receive such a blessing. I'm amazed at the miracle of adoption. I really have no more words to say. Except for the fact that I wish I could get an image to upload to this post so you could see another picture of this little girl I'm talking about in this post. Sorry for the torture. :) Thank you for all your prayers. We're close to coming home. We go back Monday to have the clinic read her TB test and we get her visa for travel on Wednesday and head to Hong Kong where we'll fly out to come home Thursday.
We are to arrive Thursday 2/9 at 4:30 to BHM and you are welcome to come and see us, but we wanted to communicate a few things to you before this time...and please understand our heart and that we're not trying to be rude-we're just trying to protect the attachment and bonding of our family:
1. the airport will be the first time that her brothers get to meet her also so please let them come to us first to meet her...plus we haven't seen them for 2 weeks and have missed them!!!
2. she gets a bit freaked out when strangers get up in her face so it's fine to see her there, but please don't try to hold her this soon. There will be time for that when she gets more comfortable.
3. We will be lying low for a bit and getting her used to her new home and allowing her to properly bond and attach there as well as get over jet lag so that's why we won't be in attendance at all our normal things at first. After we feel she is adjusting well then we'll get her introduced little by little.
Thanks for understanding. We know that everyone is excited to meet her and hold her and take pictures, but please try and think of things from her perspective and understand the unbelievable things she has gone through over the past couple of weeks...not to mention never having a family until now. We'd like for her to attach to all of us at home first before she gets indoctrinated into ALL of the craziness that is known as the Willis home! God bless all of you for the parts that you have and are playing in this chapter of our lives! We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We can't wait to see yall...hopefully we'll make it to the airport to get a little 'sneak peek' of that beautiful MJ!
Great post! It does help SO MUCH to lay low, let it be just the family, and keep her close to Mama and Baba and Ge Ges!
Already praying for jet lag mercy!
Love yall!
So glad for this post...sometimes in our excitement we forget little ones and their understanding of things. These are a ton of adjustments for MJ and the entire Willis family...while all wonderful adjustments, we as adults adapt much better than little ones. My plan is to wait until you all have settled in for at least a week or more here at home then I'll check in and see if it's a good time for a visit. Love y'all! Can't wait til everyone is home and MJ settled in to her "real" forever family!
Wow...is really all I can think of. The emotions y'all must all being experiencing (both you as parents and all of your children as well!) I know you must be aching for your boys back home and ready to see your family in one piece. Will continue to pray!!!
Good for you, Momma. That is exactly what she needs. It's hard to cocoon when so many have shared in your journey, but you have to protect her. For the first time, she has parents to protect to her and see to her every need. I love it! And we can't wait to see your family all together!
Lots of wisdom in this post. I’m sure everyone will respect your wishes. We are SO excited to meet her but will wait for a while to let her settle in a bit. Please know that we continue to pray for all of you every day. I’ve been checking in with mom and dad; things seem to be going well there.
Post a Comment