This will be short because we are exhausted, but I know people want updates. Her first night with us last night was tough. You guys know I'm honest and she cried and I cried and I wondered if I could do this at times, but God can do it through us!
She has taken to Ernie a lot more than me. She'll let me hold her while walking places and feed her, but she certainly likes him better. The girl can eat! I'm so glad she's a good eater. We still haven't branched out a ton in the food department, but she eats well.
Last night bath time was a disaster, but she had an accident in her big girl panties that she came in so she needed bathed. We were nervous tonight. She slept from 8 until 4 this morning then went back to sleep around 6 and sleep until 7:15 or so.
We have had all our meetings with a couple from Houston and their 2 boys which are the exact same ages as our boys. Oh we wish they could have come because they're so similar...makes us miss home more. Anyway, we went to dinner with them tonight at an Irish place (yes, you read that right) so we could get some "normal" food as I call it. The girl they adopted is 19 months old and has been with a foster family and she is quite the spitfire! She has done really well with them. MJ still hadn't talked or shown hardly any emotion besides the crying the 1st night or the whimpers at nap time. She gives us mainly blank stares.
Today she showed a tiny bit of her personality a couple of times. I decided to let her walk some this morning on the way to dinner rather than me carry her. We packed her backpack to show it was time to go from the room and she loved putting her things in there herself. When she walked she grabbed 1 of my fingers and held on the entire time. When we got off the elevator and had the large lobby she wanted to do the leading rather than walk beside. I felt like Angel taking me for a walk again! Anyway, also while we were walking back from dinner I was carrying her because the people drive like they do in Matamoras here and she was jabbering or I think at one point singing. I finally heard her voice!!! I almost started crying in the middle of the sidewalk. It was so precious. She also only whimpered a bit before bath in the sink and then she also let me lotion her u
And we brushed her teeth! She did great! Right now she is asleep on dad's chest...her favorite person and place. I'll live with that knowing that she'll take to me at some point.
We think the breakthrough for bath was our strategy. We had brought this plastic play tea set and hadn't broken it out yet. We thought we'd get her playing with that first and she loved it! We knew she liked to carry a comfort item with her everywhere so she had a cup or 2. We then let her play with those in the sink while we bathed her. She whimpered a bit at 1st but then was fine! Worked like a charm!
We're so grateful that she's trusting us a little more each day. She's giving a little more insight little by little into who she is. I can't wIt until she really actually talks more, but baby steps! We love her so much and I can't describe to you just how incredibly beautiful she is. The locals even say it. Daddy better get the shotgun ready! I guess we'd have to own one 1st. Please continue to pray for bonding and seamless transitions with each step. Pray even now for the 15 hour flight home. Pray for her sweet heart to mend and open up to us more so we can see it. She is an incredibly brave little girl to have gone through all of this for the past 2 days and be doing this well. Each day gets better. Thanks for the support back home...it means the world to us. So grateful and overwhelmed with God's goodness!


6 comments:
She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!
I love seeing you holding your China doll!!!!
MJ sounds like she is doing SO WELL! The fact that you've already heard her babble a bit, and she'll let you feed her and she'll walk holding your hand...AMAZING!!!!
Soon those little eyes will have more and more sparkle and less and less 'blankness' as she trusts and realizes she is safe in the arms of her forever family!
We are praying and praying! Yall are doing GREAT!!!!!!
Love this! Sounds like she's doing great! Already singing? Can't wait to see the steps she makes over these next days. And yes, she is beautiful!
Day by day is right- it will come! Gorgeous pictures!
Love the update & pics!!! Slowly but surely guys!!! Beautiful!!!
Little by little...it'll come. Precious MJ...she's doing great! Now remember while she's leading you...don't come back with any broken bones! LOL!
Post a Comment