FAITH
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6
I remember learning this verse at a very young age. I had an album (yes, an actual album...for those of you under 25 that is a large round piece of plastic that you put a needle on from a player that spins around and plays music and things) named The Music Machine. There was a song on there called "Without Faith" and it was basically this verse put to music. As a young child I never realized what all was involved in that word "faith"...or really I didn't realize how much of that word involved me and my mind and choices.
Faith can be hard to put into action. Beth Moore in "Believing God" talks about belief being where your theology and reality meet. I can say that I believe and have faith all I want because I know that verse that I memorized is true, but my actions might show something totally different than what I say I know from my theology. I was convicted of this when I recently went through "Believing God" so I decided to put feet to my faith when it comes to my house.
In total faith and belief in God, I haven't registered Jackson for his old school. I am trusting God to sell our house so that he can be registered at his new school and not have to be moved in the middle of a semester. Guess what? That means that our house has to sell this week!!! I have to have everything done by the beginning of next week because registration is on the 30th. This is where you come in. I'm asking that you believe in faith with me and pray to that end that our house sells THIS WEEK. God can do ANYTHING. I know that He can certainly sell our little house this week. He could sell it today. I believe that and I'm making sure that my theology and reality are communicating the same thing so I haven't even picked up registration papers yet. I want to please God by my faith and not fail Him like I do so many times.
Thank you for interceding on our behalf if you choose to do so. It's humbling to have people pray for you and we are grateful. Praise God that soon we will be in our new house with Jackson in a new school making new friends. We desire to serve our church family FULLY that we've been called to and feel we can't do that to the best of our ability until we are immersed in the community. May God bless you as you hopefully earnestly seek Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment