It's Thursday night ( I think) and I'm attempting to write a blog with my new daughter on my chest- (see attached photo) tough challlenge but someone has to do it!
This is day four with Madison and things have gone fairly well. She appears to be adjusting to life in the Willis home; bless her heart. However I must confess I write this tonight with some trepidation with what tomorrow may bring.
The morning starts early for us with a four hour ride to visit the orphanage where Madison was raised. One concern is how will our daughter respond when she returns to this familiar place? Michele and I are so fortunate that MJ spent the first 29 months of her life in a place where she was cared for and her needs were met. We are thankful to the ladies who loved her and prepared her to be accepted by her mom and dad. My worry is how can I ever appropriately express to these people how much they mean to us by loving our daughter? Few words will ever describe the depth of appreciation we feel to these people who took in our daughter when she was abandoned at 2 weeks old.
We were also told by our guide that tomorrow we will visit the place where MJ was found. Even as I type that statement a flood of emotions wash over my heart because I know this will be hard. We are not upset at MJ's birth parents for their decision to walk away from her. In fact, We are so thankful that in their difficult time, they made a good decision by leaving her where the orphanage would find MJ and take her in.
More often than not, most adoption stories have scary chapters. Abandonment, abuse, neglect. We were even asked by the probate officer yesterday, "Do you promise never to abandon or neglect this child?". While we responded whole heartedly in the affirmative, I understand why he has to ask that question...there are over 145 million orphan boys and girls in the world tonight who have no mommy or baba to read them a story about Jesus and pray over them.
Though MJ's story has a "scary" part, it by no means will define her. God has a impeccable record of working all things for His glory; including the abandonment and subsequent adoption of a little girl named Madison Jade. Yea...tomorrow may be emotional but I am confident God will graciously weave it into Madison's story. All of her days have been sovereignly plotted out by our Abba Father before one of them came to pass..even tomorrow.

3 comments:
Love your faith!!! HE is sovereign over all things!! Yes he has tomorrow and the plane ride home all mapped out! Praying for you guys!!
PRECIOUS!!!! We are praying!
MJ is beautiful! Praying for you guys. Love reading the posts!
Kim Miller
Post a Comment