I'm a talker. I can talk to anyone. I can talk to myself, the dog...no one even. My prayer for this year is that my words be few. This will clearly be difficult for me because I talk too much. I want to listen more...not just to others, but more importantly...to the Lord.
Since this is my focus, I prayed that the Lord would give me ONLY one word for 2014. I believe that my one word for 2013 was change. We had some change in our home...the biggest one being the decision to home school the kids. This was huge for us as a family...it meant some sacrifice and it meant me eating some crow, but I believe that it was what God led us to do and He has blessed it in my opinion.
My word for 2014 is freedom. I did Beth Moore's Bible study called Breaking Free several years ago and feel like the Lord used it to help me break free from some things growing up, etc., but this is even more spiritual for me. This is freedom to live completely the way God intended for me to live which is totally out of control, surrendering ONLY to living in God's will.
I don't really believe that we've been out of God's will, but understand that what I mean is that I'm a control freak. I recognize that my opinions are creeping in a lot of times in a lot of areas...particularly with my children. Did you catch that? MY children? They're not mine and they never were...they're God's children that He entrusted to hubby and me to raise. I have my own plans, ideas, opinions, agenda and I'm convicted by these facts. This is why I believe that God gave me this word.
I'm committed to 2014 being a year of freedom in Christ:
- freedom from "scheduling" God...freedom to be led by His Holy Spirit in EVERYTHING, completely relying on ONLY Christ (like not saying a word or making one step without asking the Lord first...He ALONE will complete me and be more than enough)
- freedom from bondage of anger that I'm quick to jump into (especially with my kids)...freedom to find joy/peace/thankfulness in all things
- freedom from a particular way to do things...freedom to be flexible and more spontaneous, but also freedom to say no when I need to spend time elsewhere with no guilt...freedom to feel FREE and not live my life with concern of other's opinion
- freedom from taking myself so seriously...freedom to be a kid at heart and have fun and be creative
- freedom from my selfish self...freedom to pour into relationships with a servant heart (with Christ first, family 2nd, Premier family next then others)
I anticipate awesome God moments this year with this being the focus. I'm so excited with HUGE expectations of what the Lord will do in and through me, my family and my business which is my women's ministry for me.
Happy New Year of Freedom in Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment