Pastor's wife and mom who knows football, watches SportsCenter and tries to make a difference along the way.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Wide awake at 3AM with Barney
Never say never. I said that I would never drive a mini van. Well documented that I do. I said I would never have a child sleep in the bed with us. I was successful with the first 2 kids. We have had one sleeping in bed with us now for over a week. I swore I'd never watch Barney, and i was also successful with the first 2 children on that, but if said 3rd child that is supposed to be sleeping in the bed were sleeping then in wouldn't have it on.
Someone else that adopted this past week asked if I had a blog. She asked if it was going to be "real" or only have the sweet and sappy side of adoption. Se obviously didn't know me very well. :) So here is the " real" side now. It's 3AM and we've been awake since 1. We had a 15 hour plane ride before that to get here...well, to Chicago. We were already tired walking zombies before getting to this point. Now we've had about 5 hours of sleep and not feeling much better while watching Barney sing "here we go looptie loo". Adoption isn't always fun and sweet and sappy, but it's always worth it...it's the heart of the Gospel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It'll take a while to adjust to American time zone. Barney isnt soooo bad now is it? Hahaha! MJ looked happy in the pictures I saw from the airport yesterday. I pray she and the boys are adjusting well. Can't wait to meet her! Let me know when you feel like she's settled in nicely and it's okay for "strangers". Love y'all!
I have GOT to get her a Pattycake DVD! At least Pattycake is all about JESUS!!!!!
Though I have to admit...I really love Barney. The old Barney. Now it's different. But the Barney of 1998 ROCKED.
Hang in there....get outside as much as you can today, it really does help. and drink lots of water. I'm really serious, it helps. Praying for jet lag mercy for you all!!!!
John Wesley found a Star Wars light saber not long after we arrived home. We have been tortured with it many times since this new discovery.
So glad you are all home safe and sound! Thank you for sharing pretzels with John Wesley on the plane!
Hugs!
Sharon
www.journeytojohnwesley.blogspot.com
I can't imagine how y'all are functioning!!! Isn't it interesting how God gives us just that tad of energy in times like this to get us through (even if it doesn't feel like getting through!)
Well, and at this season of life, I actually miss Barney and wish mine were small enough to be interested. (((hugs)))
I hated barney when I was at home and Alicia watched it all the time. Just yesterday Gus Brown said "stop momma go back I wanna watch Barney"... NOOOOOOOO! Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination and when he's small he's what we call a dinosaur sensation-- UGH!!
Love the "real" Michele!
Post a Comment